Friday, February 26, 2010

SACRIFICE



Sorry that it is in a different language, but if your wanting to get the full effect. There is none better.


What have any of us had to sacrifice in our lives? Maybe some spare time? Maybe a couple of dollars here and there? I mean have we really given up something that was important to us? Something, or someone that we truly loved? My guess is that most of us, including myself would have to say, well, no. At no point in my life have I had to sacrifice for anything. Not for school, not for a place to lay my head at night, food or water, clothing, the privilege of living in a free country. None of these things have I had to sacrifice for. I complain about the smallest things each and everyday and never for a moment stop and realize how blessed I truly am. Did you notice the people on the train? They had no recollection of what happened just twenty feet from them. The father gave his innocent son's life for the messed up lives of the people on that train, and they, at that moment, did not have a care in the world. That is exactly what God did when he sent his son Jesus to die for us sinners. Jesus died for all of us. He died for the righteous, the unrighteous and everyone in between. Could you have done the same? I'm going to be honest in saying that I don't know if I could. Maybe it is because I am spoiled, or weak in the faith, or maybe it is because I have not had to sacrifice for anything. Lets be thankful. Be thankful for Jesus who loves us even when we fail. Be thankful for God who sent his son to make that sacrifice even when we turn our backs on him. God loves and only wants to be loved in return. Giving our lives to God is no doubt a sacrifice. But the sacrifice could not compare to the one He made.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment