Thursday, February 11, 2010

You're Never Alone

Recently, there has been many tragedies going on close to home. Between a middle school shooting an hour away and a 7th grade child taking his own life, these past few weeks have been emotional and hard to bare for many people. Things like this make me wonder... What is wrong with the world? What are people thinking? Why would anyone have these thoughts? There are so many questions I want answered but the real question is, Did these people know God? I wish I knew the answer to that question, but I do know that I need to start taking a higher stand to show people the way. These tragedies were devastating, but I think many have learned a lot from this. The first thing I thought of was Psalm 121:7-8 "The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life, the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." My mom showed me this verse after 9/11 and it has stuck with me ever since. Today the world is a scary place, and if your anything like me you worry about things you have no control over. This verse helps me get through my hard times and sad days, it shows me there is still hope. Second, I thought of Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Here is another verse where we are told not to worry. God is always with us and will always take care of us. He will NEVER give us more than we can bare. So in these hard times, count your blessings and look to God, your friends and family to lean on, they will never let you fall. And always remember, you're never alone.

-The girls-

No comments:

Post a Comment